17 Voices is a grass roots movement prompted by the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Through a campaign of letter writing encouraging our legislators and representatives to enact common sense gun laws, we will speak for those silenced by this act of violence. Receiving a swarm of constituent mail demanding change can greatly impact the way a legislator votes on a particular issue.
DEMAND CHANGE NOW!
1. Enact Universal background check laws Nation Wide
2. Ban Military style assault rifles
3. Ban Bump Stocks nation wide
4. Ban high capacity magazines
5. Ban hollow point and armor piercing bullets
6. Restore the Center for Disease Control’s ability to research gun violence
7. Enable “Red Flag” giving the police power to disarm people who pose a threat to society
8. Restore proper school guidance counseling
9. Expand the Baker act
10. Ban the sale of guns to felons
11. Ban the sale of guns to people on the terror watch list
12. Ban the sale of guns to domestic abusers
13. Pass the Federal Gun Violence Restraining Order
14. Hold Law Enforcement Responsible for Failures such as what we had in Parkland
15. Close the gun show loophole
16. Make gun owners register each weapon to a central data base
17. Federal buyback program for any gun
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO GET YOU STARTED
It’s as easy as 1.2.3
1.) Write a personal letter or choose a sample letter from this website
2.) Use the link provided to find your legislators: choose as many as you like
3.) Mail your letters
Don’t forget your local law makers, school boards and sheriffs they all need to hear from us.
Please encourage your friends and family to help out.
To find out how to contact your elected officials,
REGISTER TO VOTE